Thursday, January 13, 2011

Luv Bug Magnets

This is the tutorial I shared over at Crystal's Craft Spot - I wanted to post it here, too for anyone who didn't happen to see it! 

I'd love to show you guys a little craft we just threw together with some items from our big craft box.  I'm sure the idea isn't new, but it's cute and fun!  AND, this is about the only time I've ever gotten my boys to use pink paint!


Luv Bug Magnets

You will need:
Clothes pins
Magnet strips
Paint
Glue
Ribbon
Googly Eyes
Pipe cleaners
Any other crafty items you like

Photobucket


Protect your work surface.  Paint clothes pins with craft paint.  Don't worry about it being perfect - mostly just cover the sides.  The rest will be covered with ribbon.
Photobucket


Let dry completely.  Glue ribbon to top of clothespin.
Photobucket


Now glue to the inside half of where you pinch.  
I just pushed the ribbon down in there with the tip of my scissors.
Photobucket


Now add any embellishments you like.  We used pipe cleaners, small pom poms and googly eyes.
Photobucket


Here are our little Luv Bugs hard at work!
Photobucket


Find me here:















NightOwlCrafting







Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Those are way cute!! I'm loving the new blog look! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and the hubs are SOOOO cute, you little love bugs you, he he. I absolutely LOVE the idea, and of course the picture of you two.

    That should be framed all pretty and put on your nightstand,,, and that family pic, is adorable.

    Great idea, and thanks for sharing girl!!!!

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please leave an email address if you would like a response.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails