Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Play-dough

My kids are out of school for Thanksgiving Break right now AND my hubby is out of town on business.  So what am I going to do to keep my kids busy, happy, and NOT fighting?  Crafts, of course.  And hopefully lots of them!

Today we are using my favorite play-dough recipe - with a Thanksgiving twist!  

Pumpkin Pie Play-Dough!

You will need:
1 cup of cold water
1 cup of salt
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
food coloring (we used red and yellow)
3 cups of flour
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
2 tablespoons (or so) of pumpkin pie spice

*This picture reveals a lot about me - mostly that I'm cheap! lol

Now gather your crew to help you.
Cute, right? Cute help is a must for this project!

Oh, and look at my helpful little Monkey-Man in his apron! 

Directions: 
Mix water, salt, oil & food coloring.
Gradually add flour, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice until the mixture reaches the desired consistency - like bread dough.  

* When adding the last cup of flour, it was just TOO hard to stir.  
But it's fun to get your hands dirty, anyway!

Now just have fun!



*See our Thanksgiving Tree from last week?  And the printables I got at Craftily Ever After.  

Store covered or in a zip-top bag.

While I've been uploading pics and working on this blog post, my boys have been very happily playing with their play-dough at the table.  They almost NEVER sit for this long doing anything.  Ahhhh, this is nice!




2 comments:

  1. What great pictures! My boys would love this, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING & FOLLOWING ME IN THE FRIDAY BLOG HOP - FOLLOWING YOU BACK! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DROP BY & LINK UP AT MY MONDAY BLOG HOP --- CORNUCOPIA OF BLOGS HOP TODAY!
    THANKS!
    NICOLE

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please leave an email address if you would like a response.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails