Friday, November 19, 2010

Brag About It - And Fun Hops!

This week, the theme for the Mommy Madness Blog Hop is:

Brag About It!






"We all have something in our life that we are proud of whether it's a person or maybe even something we've worked really hard to earn or buy. Write a post about whatever you choose to brag about."



I'm actually kind of proud of a few things going on in my life right now, but none are bigger or better than my kids!

We got report cards yesterday.  Last grading period, The Chief (2nd grade) got all A's.  We were so proud!  But this grading period, he IMPROVED his grades!  He has also decided to be baptized, which will be done this Sunday!!!  Con-Man had a HUGE improvement as well!!!  In Kindergarten, they have 26 sight words they want the children to know by the end of the year.  Last grading period he knew 9.  Now he knows ALL 26 words!  I love that they are doing so well this early because it just paves the way for future success!  I loved school from the time I was little and I hope they do, too.  It's much easier to learn and make good grades if you enjoy it!  Monkey-Man is also making me super proud right now.  I had to drop him off with a sitter yesterday so I could go to the doctor. He doesn't get much time with sitters and he cried twice about the event before we even left the house.  When we got there, though, he put on such a brave face.  I could tell he wanted to cry, but he didn't!  He gave me a hug, asked if I'd be back after I went to the doctor, and then went and played.  

There are many days where I feel soooo stressed.  I feel like I've been yelling more than I've been using sweet, soft tones.  Heck, there are days I feel like I'm the worst mom ever.  But then there are days where I can actually SEE the good I've done for my kids.  And those days, I feel proud.  




Other awesome Blog Hops I'm enjoying today:


It's OK to follow... it's the Weekend

BoostMyBlogFriday




















12 comments:

  1. Thats awesome girl!! You have a reason to brag! Your kids seem to be doing really good in Texas! I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! New follower here from Ace and Friends! Great blog, and I love the title. Mommy to 2 boys here, and honestly I don't know what I'd do with a girl lol. Stop by and see me if you get the chance! Thanks!

    Kimberley
    http://davisdailydose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have 3 awesome boys!

    I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Thanks for finding me on the blog hop I'm following back. Looks like you're doing a GREAT job with your boys!

    Tania @ http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi new follower from Boost My Blog! You can visit me at mymodernguide.blogspot.com


    Thanks,
    Beki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!Nice to met you! Stopping by from the Frugal Fridays Blog Hop. Lovely Boys ~ I like the idea of your post. take care~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following back! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, you are doing a great job. You are a good mom and have every reason to be proud of those handsome boys.

    Please come by and meet my family too at www.adoctorandanurse.com. Thanks for your lovely post. Jana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading your toilet paper tutorial was great...been a long day and a good laugh was what I needed!
    I am following, hope you can stop by for a visit!

    Thanks, Becky Jane
    Raising kids can be a lot like weeding the rose bed...well worth it, but...OUCH!
    http://myelevenreasons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am following back.
    http://www.bassgiraffe.com/giveaways

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower via Friday Blog Hop :)
    Jen @ My Secret Home

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a new follower from Its OK to Follow Blog Hop . . . check out my blogs when you get a chance :-)

    I'll be adding your Friday blog hop button to my collection and start participating new week.

    Hope you and your family are having a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday . . . Gina

    http://myfloridaparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please leave an email address if you would like a response.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails