Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Domino Sports Necklace - Tutorial

As I've mentioned recently, it's baseball season.  We are in full swing now, which means The Chief and Con-Man usually have two games each, every single week.  I LOVE this!  I'm definitely a sports mom.  Not one of the crazy ones that's way too tough on her kids, or expects them to go pro.  I just love watching them play - whether it's baseball, basketball, football - whatever.  If they are having fun, I'm having fun watching in the stands.  I clap and cheer more loudly than I probably should, but I'm just such a proud mama!

Being a sports mom, I absolutely dress the part.  If I can get a team shirt, I wear it.  If not, I've still got to show my support somehow!  So that's why I decided to make myself a cute Domino Sports Necklace with my boys' names on it!
*Note - this necklace is for one of our team moms - I would NOT put my kiddo's name out there for potential crazies to see.*



Here is the easy as pie tutorial.  If you make one, I'd LOVE to see it!

Domino Sports Necklace

What you'll need: 
Domino
Chain necklace
Bead (big enough for chain to go through)
Mod Podge & brush
Sealant
E-6000 or other strong glue
Emery board
Scrapbook paper


Directions:
1 Print child's name on scrapbook paper

2 Trace around domino & cut out

3 Apply Mod Podge to domino with brush

4 Smooth paper onto domino

5 Use emery board to sand off any edges hanging over sides

6 Seal with spray sealant (OUTSIDE) and allow to dry

7 Apply extra layer of Mod Podge - I seal 1st because I use an inkjet printer and sometimes the ink will run if I apply the Mod Podge directly over the paper

8 Seal again, allow to dry

9 Apply bead on side of domino using E-6000.  Follow package directions to get the strongest bond.  Allow to dry.



10 Thread the chain through the bead and show your sports mama pride!

The great thing about this necklace is it's so versatile!  Since I have two boys playing, I put one name on each side and simply flip the necklace around depending on who's playing!  I'm also making some domino necklaces with pretty, girly paper and rhinestones!  

These are SUPER affordable.  I had the glue, Mod Podge and sealant here, so total I spent less than $2 on each necklace!!!  I think they'd be fun to make with the girls during a craft night.

Find me here:

Photobucket



Running with Glitter


7 comments:

  1. SO cute!
    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party! http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/03/glitters-first-linky-party_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love that you put a name on each side too...very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, I never would've thought to use dominos but great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Rock! :) Love this and never thought about doing something like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just plain adorable! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a GREAT idea. I am totally excited about rockin' one of these at my son's soccer games...substitute soccer paper of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Super cut! great idea! Thank you for sharing this and for linking up to the handmade hog

    xoxox Hanna

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please leave an email address if you would like a response.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails