Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Little Perspective in the Bread Isle

Yesterday was a long day.
I didn't have much sleep and I had one heck of a To-Do List!

At the end of the list - and the thing I dreaded the most was grocery shopping.
Right before dinner.  With three tired boys.

It went about as well as you can expect.
Fighting, begging, whining, touching things, touching each other, more fighting.
Towards the end of the shopping list, all three of my guys were sentenced to different corners of the cart -
with one hand on the cart, and one hand in a pocket.
I'm mean, right?

I was struggling to waddle through the isles, only buy off of my list, keep control of the boys and fight some strong braxton hicks contractions.

I saw a kind face in a stranger coming towards me.
She asked if they were all mine.
"Yep," I said.  "And a 4th boy coming soon," patting my belly.
She got a little tear in her eye and smiled big.
She told me, "You are so incredibly blessed.  You have some amazing, cute boys there.  So blessed.  What a big heart you must have.  God bless you."

I thanked her and as she walked away I cried.
Right there in the bread isle at the grocery store.

I'm trying my very best every day to be the mom I need to be.
I feel like I fail.  A lot.
Especially yesterday.
But then a sweet stranger put it all in perspective for me and turned my day around.
Yes, I am blessed.  I am blessed beyond measure.
I love my boys and they are more of a gift to me than I could ever deserve.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post.

    We all need to get it back into perspective sometimes. Me probably a little more than others. Sigh.

    Thanks. Love this!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please leave an email address if you would like a response.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails