Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The King of All Mondays

I know it's Tuesday - at least on the calendar.
But it sure feels like a Monday.
Like the king of all Mondays!

Here's a little run down so far - keep in mind it's only 8:30am.
Wake up every hour at least once to pee or recover from a bad dream.
Get up at 2:20 with such horrible heartburn and leg cramps that I can't go back to sleep.
Catch up with DVRed shows, early news, and laundry.
Kids up at 6:15 for showers - and fighting.
Wrangle kids to get ready for school and do basic morning chores.
Get kids out the door, pick up friend's kids for carpool.
While fighting the horrible drop off line at school, I turn around to notice Con-Man was wearing flip flops.
FLIP FLOPS.  Are you freaking kidding me?!
Honestly, I sorta flipped out on him.
Drop 3 kids off and head home to get Con-Man's shoes.
Lecture him the whole way home.
Break down crying from guilt.
Help him find his lost socks.
Remind him that he's putting his shoes on the wrong feet.
And he didn't tie his shoes.
And he forgot his back pack.
And lunch box.
More angry-mom-voice lecturing.
Back to the van to head up to the school.
Seatbelt reminder.  Again.
Walk in to sign Con-Man in 20 minutes late for school.
Cry the whole way home from guilt of starting his day off bad.
Come here to confess to you guys that while most days are good, some days just kinda suck.
Like today.
The rest of the day is super busy, mostly with things I DON'T want to do - like 10 billion phone calls, paying bills, running errands I've been putting off forever.


Anyone else with me today in wanting to just go back to bed and hide under the covers?

1 comment:

I LOVE comments! Please leave an email address if you would like a response.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails