Monday, October 4, 2010

Just for ME Monday

So today's post is going to be about something a little different.  It's not going to focus on my boys or on anything they would necessarily be interested in.  I'm going to focus occasional Monday posts on ME.  Things I like, things I make for myself, etc.  

Today, I'm going to show off my very first apron.  


I adore aprons.  I think there is something so domestic, yet sexy about them!  The one I made here is so cute (IMO!) and I can't wait to make more.  
Lots more.  
This little cutie is for cooking.  I'll soon have one for cleaning and one for crafting/painting as well!  I can see this becoming an addiction.  ;)  

I need to give credit where credit is due!  I found an amazing, easy to follow tutorial for this apron on A Girl and a Glue Gun.
The instructions and pictures are very easy to understand.  

I had this baby whipped out in no time.  The only thing I added were the fabric flowers on the pocket and top.


Alright everyone - go out, grab a pair of jeans from that "does not fit" section of your closet and go make a super cute, custom apron!  
Or heck, go make anything today - just do it for YOU!

I'm linked up to creative ladies here:




6 comments:

  1. thanks for the love..I adore the flowers! and I'm glad that you made it JUST FOR YOU! as moms we get a little lost "as MOM's" and forget we need to take care of ourselves too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of just for me Monday! I also love the apron and have been on the lookout for a quick and easy pattern too. Am just heading over to find out how it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyyy! Check out my blog...because YOU WON MY FIRST GIVEAWAY! :] Look at the post for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That apron is awesome! You did such a great job. I also like the idea Focus On Me Monday. It does seem like us mom bloggers focus mostly on the little ones. So here's to Mondays dedicated to you :)

    Have a good night

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the trim you used and the cute fabric flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's one of my favorite craft bloggers! Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please leave an email address if you would like a response.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails